Thursday, July 8, 2010

Camping

For the July 4th weekend our family thought it would be fun to go camping in Deep Creek Lake. It was so fun to have Adrienne and Kayla there. Sadly mark couldn't come because he had to work..responsibilities..yuck. Allison was able to make it up the last few days which was nice. Our campsite was really nice and I just love getting settled in and just enjoying a nice campfire. The first day we went for a boat ride and we stopped and swam for a while. Kayla wanted to get in the tube so we put her in it not knowing she would love it. We let the tube float around and Kayla was having a blast! Sara and Brad were able to come up for a few days too which was so fun. One of the highlights of the trip was when Allison and I embarked on a journey we thought was going to be easy….oh how we were wrong. We all wanted to go kayaking but we were short one so we borrowed the 2 man kayak that the parsons had. We told the rest of them we would meet them by the state park. Allison and I were halfway down the cove and were basically dying! And if someone would happen to ask Allison she would probably deny it. There was no way we were going to make it there. Allison and I decided that we would look like ridiculous if we couldn’t even make it to the end of the cove...so we came up with some ideas or I should say I did. We tried to sing the Mulan songs but couldn’t remember the words and were too tired to really sing. I came up with the idea of quoting movies. I am obsessed with Pink Panther 2 so I quoted that movie from the beginning to the end. That never gets old. Allison loved it and it took the pain off our minds and got a lot further. By the end the pain in our arms was numb and we were able to make it. So we got there and we couldn't find anybody so I had to walk all the way up to the campsite to see what the deal was…let me add that I had no shoes. FUN! Not. What happened was that they hadn't even left because they thought we would take forever to get to the state park and they didn't want to wait around for us. So basically they thought we were slow pokes. That was harsh. So the moral of the story is: bring shoes on your kayak just in case anything happens. The rest of the trip was really fun! On Sunday we all went to Swallow Falls which was so pretty. I was able to water ski for the first time in about 3 years. I was so happy I even got up…still sore though. Overall it was a great trip and had a lot of fun! And as always I posted a lot of pictures

Adrienne loving the air mattress!
Our Campsite
I love Deep Creek it is soooo pretty
She was so happy!! :)
SLOW DOWN!!!
Kayla in her little pool
Kayla trying to relax
I love camping.
One of Kayla's favorites Hot dogs and Mac and Cheese
Everyone was gone so Kayla and I ate dinner and took a walk...we bonded..haha
Both girls fell asleep on the way to Swallow Falls..perfect timing
Allison trying to ignore the camera..what a surprise
Annabelle being goofy
Kayla trying not to get her dress wet
A beautiful flower I found.

Brad and Annabelle wrestling in the tent
Grandma "trying" to put Annabelle down for a nap..she couldn't stop playing around
Little Lily with her little July 4th outfit!
I was very bored.

Sara and Brad watched the fireworks from the bed of there car

3 comments:

rachel anne said...

ooh this looks wayy fun, you guys sure know how to vacation! check out my blog, its finally up & running-rachelboody.blogspot.com :)
xo
R

Amanda and William said...

Lots of great pictures- but I must say- The one of Mr. Bill diving over is my fav.

Lauren Cook said...

girl i love the one in the blue dress and the one of kayla with your mom screaming hahaha